Monday, October 13, 2014

The Art of Letting Go

"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy, for what we leave behind is a part of ourselves. We must die to one life before we can enter another." Anatole France

This week's theme has been letting go. It's such a seemingly simple concept yet it is so difficult to do. "The art of letting go" was an alternative name for this blog so I guess, in a way, I've been practicing this art for quite awhile. Booking this training, buying a one way ticket, leaving my comfortable life at home, in search of something greater. Yet there are constantly experiences, people, even material things, that keep surfacing begging to be let go of. I'm learning that when this happens, you can't fight it, sometimes you just have to surrender to what is and have faith in what will be. Afterall, the only constant in life is change.

It's hard to believe that I haven't even been gone for 2 weeks. It feels like a lifetime. Not having steady internet access really detaches you and forces you to live in the present moment. Its crazy how much we miss by being so attached to technology. This past week I went on a hike through the local rice paddy ending at a natural hot spring. The views of the rice paddies were breathtaking. I almost couldn't believe how vibrant and vivid everything was. And the beauty of it all is that I was present. Not having access to wifi means not being able to share these incredible moments with everyone via social media. Instead of boasting about what I was doing or seeking validation via instagram likes, I was able to stand still, look around me, and breathe in the beautiful reality before me. 

And then I climbed into the hot spring, sinking down into the mud and covering myself in it before realizing that the orange tint actually tinted my skin and bathing suit. Woops. Finally leaving the mountains this week and heading to the beach for a day! Ocean and civilization will be a nice change of pace from life on the commune at Prana Dewi. Looking forward to salty hair and sandy toes :)

xo Molly

3 comments: