Wednesday, October 22, 2014

What Day is it Anyway?

Finally made it to the beach last week! A day off enjoying the sunshine was exactly what I needed to recharge and focus again on the last 2 weeks of the training. Hard to believe its coming to an end already, I feel like I just got here. I've learned more than I thought and most of it doesn't even have to do with yoga. Being secluded in the mountains really allows for introspection and self growth. 

My word of the year has been surrender. Surrender control and learn to go wherever life pushes you. Stop planning and instead start living in the moment. Be present and realize that life only exists in the present moment. Right here, right now. The past and the future exist only in the present moment. So far I'm happy with where this mind set has gotten me. Here I am, in Bali, enjoying every second and recognizing how blessed I am just to be alive and to be on this journey. So immersed in the moment that I usually don't even know what day of the week it is. 

Eventually though, you do have to make some plans... So after this training ends in 2.5 weeks, I'm hopping on a ferry to the white sand beaches of the Gili islands for a few days, flying to Bangkok for a couple nights and then jetting off to the Philippines for a month of island hopping. Life is pretty exciting right now!

So excited for all that lies ahead but being mindful to bring that excitement into every day and not just a future experience. 

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, thats why they call it the present! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment